Hey guys, I recently discovered that lotions are the best type of product to used on oily combination skin type, so I’ve decided to talk about about Skincere; as many of you know I have mentioned this brand on my blog before as I have tried and tested their cleanser.
Anyhow, if you haven’t yet guessed it, I will be talking about the Day cream. Before I get started I want to mention what I like about this brand – the simplicity of the packaging to the ingredients and importantly, how it is suitable for vegans and is certified halal.
This day cream is made with plant extracts, and natural botanicals, to gently hydrate and sooth the skin, keeping it healthier every day. The non-greasy formula protects moisture levels, helping guard against dryness. Clinically proven to help reduce redness, soothe skin and increase skin’s ability to retain moisture. After just one application, skin can feel smoother and the overall appearance of skin can appear improved.
After 28 days of regular use, skin can feel softer, more nourished, even toned and fine lines are refined.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: derived from coconut oil that promotes skin-replenishment and reduces moisture loss.
Shea butter: excellent for hydration.
Jojoba oil: acts to mimic the natural Sebum also maintains hydration in the skin.
Sunflower seed: An excellent source of Vitamin E and B1.
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract: Has anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: anti-inflammatory.
Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil: skin generating properties.
Phytic Acid: Anti-oxidant
Sucrose: promotes hydration
Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract: reduces itching, dryness and irritation.
Tocopherol: protection from free-radicals.
What I liked about it:
- It was a lightweight formula that absorbed into my skin really well.
- I found while wearing this product- my skin could breath, it honestly felt like I had no product on.
- It helped to balance out my oily combination skin type however, I did find towards the end of the day my face looked super shiny thus, I would say it kept my face matte for approximately 6-8 hours before the shine started showing through.
- I really enjoyed wear this product under my makeup as my day cream was so lightweight that my foundation did not look too heavy and also did not end up looking sweaty! You know what I mean, when you wear the wrong day cream and as a consequence you end up looking super patchy and greasy well not with this day cream you don’t!
- It’s also superb for those who hate wearing moisturising cream as you don’t feel anything on your skin with this product.
What I didn’t like about the product:
- They was a subtle smell that I didn’t care for I mean I didn’t hate it, I just didn’t enjoy it.
- The product also didn’t have SPF and you know your girl loves SPF on her face!
Lightweight but not runny
Would I buy it again?
Yes I would as it was perfect for oily combination skin type.
Where to purchase it:
Holland and Barrett: £6.24
Skincere: website currently under construction 🚧