Attention everyone! Are you in the market for an Instagram filter look? That makes your skin look luminous and doesn’t make you look oily? Fear not, dermalogica has introduced a serum that does just all of that and MORE!
Every so often I tend to visit the dermalogica counter for a skin mapping (that I recommend everyone to do- even if you don’t have any attention to purchase anything from there, they do provide a good indication of what your skin is in dire need of) I usually purchase the majority of my lotions and potions from there.
Anyhow, I was in a desperate need of a serum and I was on a journey to find the right serum. Actually I AM still on that journey a year later!
They recommended me the multivitamin power serum (take note this is part of the age smart range which is for mature skin anyone over 30 I would say). Also, before purchasing the product they usually let you play around with it before you make any rash decisions.
What I liked about the product:
Firstly, the first thing I noticed about this product was the texture as it felt so velvety on my fingertips and when applied onto my skin it felt soft and it absorbed into my skin really well. My face instantly looked filtered! I was getting a lot of compliments on my skin and people couldn’t believe I had no make up on… thank you for your services Dermalogica!
I also found that while using this product that I did not have any breakouts at all and my t-zone was under control. I never looked greasy or oily at all, the finish on this product is matte, which is a plus in my books. Although it is a luxurious brand the serum is long-lasting, I must have had this serum for 5 months in total! Now that’s money well spent!
Side-note: I was using this serum along with c-12 to improve the appears of uneven skin.
This serum has so many ingredients and the list will be never ending so I’ve decided to pick out the key ingredients:
- Sunflower oil: this is very high in vitamin E, A, C & D
- Ascorbyl Glucoside: This action promotes the penetrating of the vitamins to be absorbed into the skin and at the same time improve the appearance of uneven skin tone.
- Boron Nitride: now this ingredient I believe is giving the ‘Instagram filter’ look as the active ingredient blurs the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes.
- Silicona: an absorbing agent that locks in hydration.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate: (A FORM OF Vitamin C) boosts collagen in the skin as well as supressing discolouration.
- Palmitoyl hexapepide -14: promotes collagen and tightens and firms the skin and at the same time locks in moisture.
- Grapefruit peel oil: this is rich in vitamin C and it allows the skin to remain clean by actively keeping the skin oil free.
- Orange peel oil: this is not only great for skin rejuvenating but it is an ideal treatment for scars.
- Retinriyl Palmitate: is a milder from of Vitamin A and Glycerin that gives the skin a smooth and hydrated appearance.
- Caprylic/ capric Triglyceride: AKA coconut oil that prevents the signs of aging such as wrinkles.
What I didn’t like about this product:
Although I did previously state that the texture is velvety– it was in fact the silicon that gave the serum that affect. It took me some time to get used to the texture as I was so used to serums having a gel like consistency. I mean I didn’t hate it, I just preferred having serums that were in the form of a gel. Also, the price is quite high so this product is definitely an investment, it contains 0.75 fluid ounces which is 22ml, in my eyes you are getting a lot of benefits from the product and it lasts a long ass time but just be wary of the cost- this is not a good buy when you are broke!
Would I purchase this product again?
Where you can buy this product:
Harvey Nichols £66.00
John Lewis £66.00
Dermalogica website £66.00